TIDEWATER EMS COUNCIL RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE IN EMS
(Chesapeake, Va.) - The Tidewater Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Council, Inc., celebrated the regional EMS awards, June 21st. During an in-person luncheon the council presented top honors to those individuals who were considered for their remarkable contributions to the EMS field.
Great work is done by people who are not afraid to be great and this year’s award recipients have demonstrated a commitment to excellence and passion for serving others. They continually strive to provide the highest quality of care when it is needed most. We take great pride in recognizing THE best EMS responders, instructors, dispatchers, nurses and agencies in the Tidewater region and Commonwealth of Virginia,” said David Long, executive director of the Tidewater EMS Council, Inc. “EMS is often the tip of the spear in the healthcare continuum working closely with hospitals, public health, and the law enforcement community.”
Recipients of this year’s regional awards will have the chance to compete for the prestigious 2021 Governor’s EMS Awards, which will be announced later this year. Winners will be presented with a trophy and a certificate signed by the Governor.
“If we do not lay out ourselves in the service of mankind whom should we serve?” said John Adams, President of the United States of America.
The 2021 Tidewater EMS Council Regional Award Recipients:
- Excellence in EMS (R.C. Dailey Award) – Daniel Norville, Retired Norfolk Fire Battalion Chief / Chief Medical Officer
- Outstanding EMS Leadership (Bruce W. Edwards Award) – Jason Kinlaw, BS, CEMSO, NRP, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Fire & Emergency Services
- Outstanding EMS Agency Award – Suffolk Department of Fire & Rescue
- Outstanding Pre-Hospital EMS Provider Award – Jeremy McElroy, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Fire & Emergency Services
- Physician with Outstanding Contribution to EMS (Frank M. Yeiser, Jr., MD Award) – Denise Harrison, MD, Accomack County Department of Public Safety
- Nurse with Outstanding Contribution to EMS Award – Kimberly A. Conahan, Emergency Department Maryview Medical Center
- Regional EMS Award for Innovation Excellence in EMS - Chesapeake Fire Department - Mobile Integrated Healthcare Program, Chesapeake Fire Department
- Outstanding Prehospital Educator (James M. Wagenbach Award) – Leilani D. de Forest, NRP, Virginia Beach EMS
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS Telecommunications Award – Christine Phillips, Eastern Shore of Virginia 9-1-1 Commission – Communications Operator
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS Emergency Preparedness and Response – Virginia Beach Department of EMS, Virginia Beach EMS
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Daniel Norville, Retired Norfolk Fire Battalion Chief / Chief Medical Officer