Saturday, June 03, 2017, 09:00am - 02:00pm
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Define multiple/mass casualty incident.
2. List the three goals of multiple/mass casualty incident management.
3. Describe the initial response actions to multiple/mass casualty incidents.
4. Triage simulated patients correctly using START algorithm.
5. Tape simulated patients using triage ribbons.
6. Establish an accurate count of casualties.
7. Complete the Commonwealth of Virginia Triage Tag.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is recommended for attendance by all first responders & first receivers to include
Fire Service, Emergency Medical Services, Law Enforcement, Hospital Emergency Department Staff,
clinical personnel from the Medical Reserve Corps, & CERT members.
VIRGINIA OEMS CEUs
CEUs for Virginia Certified Emergency Medical Services providers are currently pending.
All levels (First Responder, Basic, Enhanced, Intermediate, Paramedic) will receive Category 2 CEUs for successfully completing this course.
Class size limited to 24 students.
Registration is required. Registration for this course will open on Monday, September 12, 2016.
Location Tidewater EMS Council, 1104 Madison Plaza, Suite 101, Chesapeake, VA 23320