The Tidewater EMS Council is accepting applications for the position of EVHC Resource Management Specialist for the Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition (evhc.org) until March 16, 2020 March 31, 2020.
A complete application must include:
1. A cover letter, not exceeding two (2) pages, describing how your skills, training, and experiences qualify you for this position.
2. . A fully completed/signed application form (34 KB)
3. A current resume.
4. A job candidates screening questionnaire form (25 KB)
Responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and implementing a Regional Inventory Management System and allocation strategy to ensure healthcare readiness before, during and following disasters involving the healthcare community. This includes the development of all relevant inventory management guidance; the development and management of regional emergency operations response plans; the development and management of a regional inventory management system; training and maintenance of regional of the inventory management system, in lieu and in accordance with regional maintenance contracts; and representing EVHC interests on various state and regional committees.
- Serve as the inventory management subject matter expert for the EVHC.
- Oversee the management of Mobile Medical Assets (MMA) maintained by the EVHC and EVHC partners, fostering strategic planning and purchasing of MMA to increase standardization and interoperability of equipment.
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date inventory of HPP prior purchased and future purchased materials through site visits and surveys, tracking, and documentation with the regional inventory management system, as well as, the Virginia Healthcare Alerting and Status System Resource Tracking Tool.
- Manage HPP disaster equipment inventory, serving as a resource for EVHC partners.
- Develop, Implement, review and revise HPP equipment and supply sustainable plans based on coordination with EVHC, Executive Council, and other local, regional, and state representatives.
- Coordinate regional supply and equipment capability assessments, projects, and progress based on EVHC needs.
- Assist EVHC members and partners with HPP purchased supply and equipment training, questions, and information based on EVHC needs.
- Recommend healthcare material, supply and equipment response disaster solutions and purchases.
- Coordinate, direct, deliver, or facilitate educational programs (seminars, courses, drills, and exercises), projects, and products related to disaster response, incident command, hospital communications equipment and other RHCC related information to include supplies for inventory and disbursement of strategic national stockpile.
- Represent the EVHC on various regional and state committees when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Healthcare Coordinator.
- Associates degree in logistics and three years of experience in logistics OR a combination of professional level education and experience that clearly demonstrates this level of knowledge and experience. Medical logistics experience is preferred.
- Experience gathering, tracking, and processing material and records, reporting on quantities of on-hand materials and updating an electronic inventory management system with accurate inventory data.
- Experience maintaining equipment and consumable materials inventory and researching the causes of inventory discrepancies.
- The ability to exercise independent judgement while working on multiple projects of diverse scope will be key to successful performance of the task requirements associated with this position.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and evaluate demand history, analyzing end of life impacts on existing inventory, forecasting future demand based on fielding plans, researching and estimating cost trends for existing and future inventory, and providing recommendations to customers for inventory management updates.
- Experience developing, writing and implementing material and equipment sustainment plans.
- Customer service experience interacting and advising clients on equipment and material inventory, sustainment, repair, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team with multiple organizations to accomplish common goals.
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in English. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be open to the use of new technologies and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite of Applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and SharePoint.