The financial assistance for Emergency Medical Services Grants Program, known as the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) Grant Program is a multi-million dollar grant program for Virginia non-profit EMS agencies and organizations. The current cycle application period is open from August 1 to September 17, 2018. The Tidewater EMS Council is available to assist agencies with developing or reviewing their application prior to submission.
Items eligible for funding include EMS equipment and vehicles, power loading systems, communications equipment, computers, audio/visual and training equipment, EMS management programs, innovative projects and various courses/classes and projects benefiting recruitment and retention of EMS members/providers. Vendor quotes for requested items must be provided as part of the application for funding. For complete information on eligible funding, the electronic application and instructions visit https://goo.gl/Z5CaGy.
Grant funding is recommended based on the documented need of the specific item being requested. The primary goal of this program is to financially assist governmental, volunteer and non-profit EMS agencies to purchase EMS equipment and vehicles and provide needed EMS programs and projects. RSAF is primarily a reimbursement grant that requires the grantee to make the purchase for the awarded item(s) and then submit an invoice for reimbursement.
- Next Current Grant Application Cycle: August 1 – September 17, 2018
- Application Deadline: September 17, 2018 by 5:00 pm
- Note: All Applications MUST be submitted via the new E-Gift GIFT Application.
SPECIAL PRIORITIES FOR FUNDING
- Migration to VPHIB’s version 3 (VAv3) Requirements
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD)
- Emergency Operations
- Innovative (Special) Projects
- Multi-Jurisdictional/Agency Projects (MJAP)
- Recruitment and Retention
- All Communications Equipment – must be P25 compatible (http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project25.php)
- Quotes are required for ALL ITEMS requested or your grant application will be disqualified.
Check the OEMS website (https://goo.gl/Z5CaGy) for the OEMS price list for items requested, only use this as a guide, the price list is updated after the grant deadline for consistency.
Please contact David Coulling from the TEMS office for further assistance.